Application Submission Instructions
There are two ways to submit an application. You can submit your application through email or by regular mail. Either way, please use this as a checklist to be sure that your application is complete.
Be sure to download the application and save it before you begin. Once you complete the application, save it again. Be sure that all pages of the application are complete.
All applications must have these attachments:
- Application, with pages in order. Every page of the application must be completed and page four of the application must be signed.
- Documentation of hearing loss.
- For children who use hearing aids, an unaided audiogram performed within the last 12 months.
- For children with a cochlear implant, please include the most recent programming report. If your child uses a cochlear implant and a hearing aid, only a CI programming report is required. In the absence of a programming report, an audiogram will suffice.
- For children who have been diagnosed with Auditory Neuropathy and who do not have a cochlear implant, please include the last two unaided audiograms (one must have been performed within the last 12 months) along with the report from the audiologist with the original AN diagnosis.
Please Note: Applications that do not provide an audiogram or CI programming report will not be considered for an award; we cannot accept a narrative audiological report. Your audiologist can help if you have a question about what an audiogram or programming report is.
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation, each from different professionals who are familiar with your child. These should be from a therapeutic, educational or hearing health professional, such as a speech-language pathologist, listening and spoken language specialist (LSLS), early interventionist, early childhood special educator, teacher of the deaf, preschool teacher, etc. Each letter should be a maximum of two pages and single-sided.
Please Note: These must be formal letters of recommendation typed on letterhead and signed; e-mail messages, meeting reports, reports or report cards, or evaluation notes are not acceptable.
- One (1) Letter of Recommendation from a non-relative who is familiar with the family’s financial need (maximum of two pages, single-sided and signed).
NOTE: Three separate letters of recommendation from three different individuals are required for your application to be considered for an award.
If you are submitting by email: Please scan all the pages into one pdf document and send to FinancialAid@agbell.org.
If you are submitting by regular mail: All pages must be single-sided. Please remove all staples from the application. The paper application should be submitted flat (NOT folded) in a 9"x12" envelope. Please do not staple pages together. Mail your application to:
AG Bell – Preschool-Age Financial Aid
3417 Volta Place NW
Washington, DC 20007
The deadline for applications is before 5:00pm EST on July 31, 2020. All materials must arrive together in one package. If you send your application by e-mail, it must be one pdf document in the correct order sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Because we receive so many applications, we cannot guarantee that we can confirm receipt of yours. If you prefer, you may choose to send your application by e-mail and Request Delivery Receipt or use a service that can confirm delivery (US Postal Service certified or express mail, Federal Express, DHL, UPS, etc.). Please do not require a signature as this may delay delivery. AG Bell does not accept responsibility and will not make exceptions for any delays or delivery errors on the part of delivery services including delays due to the requirement of a signature. We encourage you to submit your application well in advance of the deadline.
Faxed applications are not accepted under any circumstances.
Late and incomplete applications are not considered under any circumstances.
Applications are not returned for any reason.
Please do not contact AG Bell seeking an exception to these policies.
Once applications have been reviewed for eligibility and completeness, all eligible and complete applications will be submitted to the selection committee. Once the committee has made its decisions, email notices will be sent to all applicants to tell you the committee's decisino. We use email to tell you the results, so please be sure to include an e-mail address to receive correspondence.
Award checks will be mailed to all awardees to the postal address on their application approximately six to eight weeks after notification.
Have Questions or Need Clarification?
Please send an email to: email@example.com Response time may take several business days, so don't wait too long to ask your questions.