The Pacific Northwest is more than snow-capped mountains, winding rivers, a wildly exciting coast, world class cities and endless rural beauty. It also has a rich history of stellar listening and talking learning opportunities for children who are deaf and hard of hearing and their families, delivered by inspired hearing professionals in both public and private settings, and reinforced by adults who are deaf and hard of hearing, supporting each other and providing life-changing role models for young families. Oregon and Washington are now represented by the Pacific Northwest chapter of AG Bell. Our dynamic chapter builds and engages the deaf and hard of hearing communities through social activities, monthly parent chats, legislative advocacy, and financial aid for professionals who work with children who are deaf and hard of hearing.
We are a community of families, adults who are deaf and hard of hearing, and hearing professionals who support listening and spoken language communication for those that choose it.
Pacific Northwest Chapter AG Bell (PNW AGB)
Representing families, adults who are dhh and hearing support professionals in Oregon and Washington. PNW AGB offers the following supports and opportunities:
- Monthly Parent Chats (Zoom)
- Family-centered activities
- Person to person outreach, engagement and support
- Legislative Advocacy in support of insurance for hearing devices, accessibility, and Listening and Spoken Language services and education
- Young adult online and in-person groups and social activities (coming soon)
- Professional scholarships for listening and spoken language certification as well as Continuing Ed credits, mentoring, professional development workshops
- Quarterly newsletter
- Social media outreach
Connect with us Become a member today