- Any comments and messages not relevant to topics covered by the Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing may be deleted.
- AG Bell’s social media forums focus on support for children and individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing, their families who choose a listening and spoken language outcome, and the professionals who serve them. AG Bell may edit or remove inappropriate or off-topic comments at any time.
- Participants should refrain from offering medical conclusions or diagnostic advice based on the limited information offered through social media conversations. Always verify information with a qualified professional before taking action.
- AG Bell reserves the right to delete any comments at any time. Users who persist in violating community guidelines may be barred from posting to this site.
- Any messages or stories shared on these sites may be used in other AG Bell marketing activities.
- Messages or materials may not be posted anonymously or under a false name or a false email address. Any postings under these conditions will be deleted.
- Participants may not harass, badger, flame or impute immoral or dishonorable attributes to others. Users who persist in violating these guidelines for community use may be barred from posting to the site.
- Certain materials and language will not be tolerated. You may not post or upload any material or links to material that is obscene, indecent, pornographic, violent, threatening, harassing, discriminatory or that is in violation of the law.
- You may only post materials for which you have the copyright or other permission to distribute electronically.
- The discussions and chats can only be used for non-commercial purposes.
- You may not post or transmit any software or other material which contains a virus or other harmful code or device. You may not use the discussions or chats to distribute "spam" or to gather email addresses for the purpose of sending "spam" to other users of the service.
- Persons under the age of eighteen (18) MUST obtain parental permission before registering for AG Bell’s online community. Please contact [email protected]. Children under the age of thirteen (13) are not eligible to participate in the online community networking features.
- AG Bell is not responsible for the content of any linked Web site or blog, or any link contained in a linked Web site or blog, or any changes or updates to such Web sites. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by AG Bell of that Web site or blog. In addition, please be aware that AG Bell is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other Web sites. AG Bell encourages you to read the privacy statements of every Web site that requests personal information from you.
Notification of Changes
If at any point AG Bell makes changes to this policy, we will post the changes to this page.
For any questions, comments, concerns, access to your information or to correct your information on our Web site, please contact us at (202) 337-5220 or [email protected].
Adapted from: AG Bell, Easter Seals, American Speech-Language and Hearing Association, Autism Speaks, FaceBook, Twitter and Linked in.